Sunday, May 19, 2013

....SUPER HEROES OF THE FAITH....



have I mentioned how blessed I am????
have I told you how much I love where my Lord has placed me so long ago?
I LOVE MY CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, I am so blessed, again, today, by worshipping with my church family, by the sermon and the challenges...

"Super Heroes of the Faith" started this series a few weeks ago... working through chapter 11 of Hebrews, the "Hall of Faith" by each week looking at one of them, as they are listed there...

today: Enoch... who by faith sincerely sought God, pleased Him and went to be with God...
challenged about how sincerely do we, as Born Again Christians really SEEK God...
 how much are we only Deists, believing in the existence of God, even of Jesus, His son and the fact that we needed His forgiveness to be reconciled with God.... but that's where it ends for so many of us..

LOVE MY CHURCH also, because maybe six or seven years ago the Lord impressed on our leadership the importance of being taught how to draw close to the Lord, daily, come together in a cell group to share what God has been saying to us in the daily quiet time... and hear a sermon on that same passage at our weekly celebration worship service..

the discipline to draw near to Him has become something I will not forsake...a place of wonder and awe, challenge, deep intimacy with the Creator of the Universe, love and belonging and more... no words to describe it...

it's there He shows me, like my pastor ( who I love.. obviously) said today, the deepest hurts and hang ups, the fragile places that need His healing.. it's there He reveals things to me and allows my mind to grasp things that are too marvellous for words.. it is where my heart needs to be... wants to be, loves to be....

started out wanting to share something that He revealed to me over the last week or so, but this has to wait now... I just got caught up in what my Lord gave me more than 15 years ago... my precious church home.. a place to belong, to grow, to be nurtured and challenged.. a place to love and be loved by sisters and brothers in Christ... so thankful for His provision!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment