Thursday, May 16, 2013

... it's all about me,me ,me... NOT


wow... I guess since I have been single I have had the opportunity to pick the brains of  different  Christian men, something I really never did before, other than maybe my pastor, small group leader and such... over the years I have encountered many different points of views and opinions and..

as I am following the "Christian discussion" on all those different social networks, I am seeing the same kind of stuff going on...

what I am talking about is what we see in this generation of kids and don't like it... it's called Entitlement.... what a horrific word... goes really well with Pride too...

"God wants me to be happy", "wouldn't He have changed my marriage by now, if He wanted me to be there in the first place" "He is all about love and so He can't really mean this"...

as I am trying to grow in faith in re to trusting in the fact that this God who owes me NOTHING, wants to bless me with the desires of my heart, after He already has given me the HUGEST gift there is:
Forgiveness and Intimacy with Him, I am flabbergasted by what is preached today in so many churches... that we just have to claim the promises, God wants us to be happy and for sure He couldn't have wanted us to suffer????????????

Really? Did not His son willingly choose to suffer so that we could have the gift of salvation???

And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. Romans 5:2-5

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast 1 Peter 5:10

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

it's a no brainer, if you allow the scriptures to inform you. suffering is valued by God, He allows it and He sovereignly orchestrates it.. because He is too committed to us to live our lives as as we used to before we knew Him... He has so much more for us....

ultimately we are here because we are called to glorify God. to represent Him to the world, so that others would come to know Him. it is not about our personal happiness. it's about Him.. not us.



No comments:

Post a Comment