Thursday, May 30, 2013

.. we hit a wall... and then God opens a door....


when we seek Him.. Jesus, He will be found... when we draw near to Him, Jesus, He will draw near to us.. when we seek Him earnestly.. He will reward us.. Jesus that is...

what do you think reward means in this context?

I have been rewarded greatly in the last one and a half years...

when I hit the wall three and a half years ago.. I clung to Him, I ran to Him, I sought Him with all my heart..there was no other hope for me.... and He opened a door for me...

He called me to open a Pregnancy Center... I had felt for years that He wanted me to do something to help women that had had an abortion find His forgiveness.. I had prayed and asked how.. tried different ways of reaching out and laid it to rest... continuing to ask God to show me how..

then I hit the wall... and He opened the door... not quite 2 years later I and my team of wonderfully capable women, with the support of the Elders of my church, opened what God had had in mind all along...

since then, every day at Hope for Life is a reward to me... the quiet days when we take care of the sorting and preparing that has to be done and have time to minister to one another... the busy ones, when one client after another comes in and we can bless them.. the prayer times and the times a client reaches out to me, no matter the time of day... when I can encourage them or help them with practical little things I can do or say...

a blessing I didn't expect, or even think about, was how God would bless me with new friends .... close relationships with my Volunteers and even with some clients..

I am in constant awe and I know I do not deserve it.. God chooses to bless me... reward me .. all I have done and keep on doing is drawing near to Him.. because I love Him...
He wants that for all of us... I know it. because the Bible tells me so :)


No comments:

Post a Comment