Sunday, November 25, 2012

.... staring into the Light...

I was 4 years old when my mother had to take me to see an Orthodontist for the first time.. not long after that my brother got glasses... I remember holding a flashlight into my eyes for long periods of time in order to also need glasses... obviously it was cool to need glasses, or so I thought...

as much as looking right into light blinded my eyes, I never needed glasses ( until now that is.. readers :S ) 

at church this morning, my pastor summarized 2 Corinthians 3:18..

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

and this is what he said:

continuing to look into the Light ( Jesus ) we see Him more and more and His glory is being reflected by us more and more.. as we seek Him, He transforms us and others can see Him in us..

ha.. very cool!! 

so staring into a flashlight.. blinding ,
yet looking into the Light, enlightening and transforming..
until the point when we will see Him face to face... fully transformed into His likeness then.

our faces are unveiled,  because Jesus did away with the veil..  Jesus once and for all satisfied the Old Covenant, by giving Himself as a sacrifice, the lamb without blemish for the sins of those who would believe in Him.. now the Spirit of the Lord sets us free and we can see...

as we draw near to Him He draws near to us and we can see His Glory... as we draw closer more of His glory is reflected by us.. and the reflected glory is ever- increasing.... how wonderful is this..

so, staring into the flashlight, not a good idea, praying to break my arm when skiing so that I wouldn't have to write at school and not practice piano and violin never worked either.. God is good!!!  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment