Wednesday, November 7, 2012

..disappointed yet determined..


in light of the brokenness and injustice all around me, in light of  my own disappointments and hurts,  still my soul rejoices in the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth... because this is WHO He is:



I know that you can do all things;
    no plan of yours can be thwarted.
Job 42:2


Though the fig tree does not bud
    and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
    and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
    and no cattle in the stalls,
 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
    I will be joyful in God my Savior.
 The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
    he enables me to go on the heights.
Habakkuk 3:17-19



because of these truth, this is the Definition of Joy:

joy is the settled assurance that God is in control of all the details of my life, the quiet confidence that ultimately everything is going to be all right and the determined choice to praise God in all things.
by Kay Warren,  "Choose Joy"

and this is why my soul can sing forevermore:


Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Praising Him and Loving Him today, tomorrow and for Eternity! 



No comments:

Post a Comment