Thursday, November 22, 2012

...Give thanks in all Circumstances????

Thanksgiving celebrated today in my favourite neighbouring country.. ;)
read a great post last night about  that we should have a Complaining Day once a year and Thanksgiving really should be a daily thing... so true...

“Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” —I Thessalonians 5:18

some of my friends prayed for me last Monday, praying fervently for something to work out peacefully... well, it didn't..

so does this mean that God didn't hear? or that He ignored the pleas my friend was making for me?
has He let me down by answering "No" ?

“Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” ....

in all circumstances.. the "NO" meant that through choices that were made by someone the incident was not a peaceful one, hurtful words were being said, a relationship damaged, not beyond repair, yet still damaged..
would I rather have it work out differently? for sure... would I have liked for God to incline the heart of this person, who does not know Him, favourably towards me... obviously..

but did He ignore me? I am sure He did not.. I know that He is intimately acquainted with my sadness.. He is deeply involved in my life.. nothing ever comes my way that has not been filtered through His loving hands... so, there is value in this situation not going well for me..
there are teachable moments... me realizing what persecution really looks like, the cost of standing up for what it means to be a follower of Christ.. not enjoyable yet another milestone of my journey with Jesus...

in it all, I am also supposed to be thankful... for this is God's will for me in Christ Jesus...
I am thankful for He will not waste my hurt.. in His goodness and love He will use what was meant for evil to bring about good... do I know what that looks like? not yet, but I am sure that I will get a glimpse of it sometime...

another opportunity that arises if our prayers are not answered is that we can see how much we really are trusting God.. the consequences of the outcome of this meeting could potentially mean a lot of trouble for me... but my Father in Heaven promises me to never leave me or forsake me.. He tells me to trust Him.. and so I will.

I know that He will never give me more than I can handle and that with Him all things are possible..
was praying a waste of time???
this is what it says:

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ( Philippians 4 :4-7 )

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ( John 14: 27 )

He gives us all that we need.. let us enter His gates with Thanksgiving.. Every Day!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment