Sunday, November 11, 2012

.. lest we forget..

very touching today, celebrating Remembrance Day at church..
we are blessed to have a church member who plays the back pipe, a Veteran of World War 2 and some others that are serving our country, that get all dressed up in their uniforms..
singing the National Anthem, the 1st, well known and the last verse.. the one that is usually not sung ever:



Ruler Supreme, who hears our humble prayer. 
Hold our Dominion in Your loving care; 
Help us to find, O God in You A lasting, rich reward, 
As, waiting for the Better Day, 
We ever stand on guard 
O Canada, Glorious and free, 
We stand on guard, we stand on guard for thee.



a sure sign that our heritage, like the one of our neighbouring country is indeed deeply rooted in Christianity...

 since the election south of the border, many Christian leaders have been posting about how we need to remember that Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.. that no matter who was voted to be the "Ruler" of our respective countries, ultimately our King is Jesus,  and with that our allegiance is to Him.
He tells us to "give to Caesar what is Caesar's".. that we have to pray for our leadership and obey the law of our land...

pretty straightforward I would say.

so I am putting the issue aside.. I am thankful to be able to serve the King of Kings and that I am free to do so in my country. I am free to minister to young women and tell them about the hope that I have...
what a tremendous privilege...
because of the hearts of the men that make up the leadership of my church, I am free not only to support but also to share the gospel with whoever comes to the Center.. pretty cool..
a wonderful blessing to be under the umbrella of God ordained authority.. a very safe place..

so thankful that He in His sovereignty has provided such a refuge for me.. that when persecution happens from inside my family, He has made me the daughter and sister of another family...

“Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;  and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.  Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. ( Matthew 10: 37-39 )



While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him.  Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”
 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers.  For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”( Matthew 12: 46-50 )

and lastly:


Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.  Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. ( Matthew 5: 10-12 )

truth is, that my Father in Heaven has made me His child, He has given me sisters and brothers, fellow believers, followers of Christ, my own family might say all kinds of things about me for doing what my Father in Heaven tells me to do, but I will rejoice and be glad... because " they do not know what they are doing"... the Word, (Jesus)  which ( who)  is my all in all, is foolishness to them that are perishing....

my prayer is that they too will see the light and be saved....




No comments:

Post a Comment