Monday, September 3, 2012

... a little burning ember in my weary soul..

Labor Day, the end of Summer.. the beginning of the new school year... a lazy day for me.. finished watching the last two episodes of Castle's Season 4.. ready for Season 5 to begin.. :)

 thinking about the kids growing up, so obvious when they are still in school.. truth is each day that goes by grows us up a little bit.. we become wiser, more like Him... hopefully..
drama happening a few days ago.. dealing with it so differently now.. thanks be to the Lord for that... have been listening to this song from Audrey Assad over the last few days.. it's tune so fragile and whimsical, sweet and a little sad.. so fitting... 

it's called SLOW
( these are just a few lines that speak to me the most)

I heard that faith moves mountains
I know it moves my feet
To follow you
And maybe I'm a mountain
Because it's moving me
To follow you

My faith is not a fire
As much as it's a glow
A little burning ember
In my weary soul
And it's not too much
It's just enough to give me hope
Because your love moves slow
Yeah, your love moves slow

So I move slow
Because you move slow
Love moves slow
Let's move slow.

I know that He is moving my feet, my heart.. that He is such a loving friend, a merciful, considerate and selfless Father... He warms my weary soul and heart.... He ministers not only to me but my fragile and yet so feisty little girl.. oh, I want to sing His praises all day long.. thanking Him for being who He is.. for the refuge He is..
so my faith is a FIRE... as much as it is a little burning ember that slowly warms my fragile, broken heart.. the FIRE is what moves me forward, is what makes me a determined soldier.. giving my all to His cause.. LOVING with all I have and all I am.. a consuming fire this is.. quite exhilarating..
praying  / communing with Him constantly... my first thought in the morning.. praising Him, telling Him I love Him... so, so much... seeking Him in His Word... getting so close.. the heartbeat of His is part of my life as much as mine is.. a blessing beyond anything ever imagined..

the drama we faced.. all it did was confirm this truth to me:

Psalm 27

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
    whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
    of whom shall I be afraid?
....
though war break out against me,
    even then I will be confident.
 One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple.
 For in the day of trouble
    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
    and set me high upon a rock.
Then my head will be exalted
    above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
    I will sing and make music to the Lord.
 Hear my voice when I call, Lord;
    be merciful to me and answer me.
 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
    Your face, Lord, I will seek.
 Do not hide your face from me,
    do not turn your servant away in anger;
    you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
    God my Savior.
 Though my father and mother forsake me,
    the Lord will receive me.
 Teach me your way, Lord;
    lead me in a straight path
    because of my oppressors.
 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
    for false witnesses rise up against me,
    spouting malicious accusations.
 I remain confident of this:
    I will see the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living.
 Wait for the Lord;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the Lord.

Praising Him, all the days of my life... as the little burning ember glows and warms my soul.... how sweet and tender, this Lover of my Soul..





No comments:

Post a Comment