Monday, September 10, 2012

...immeasurably more than we can imagine..

put up 2 Facebook Ads and had a great response.. our website has been viewed 121 times in the last 5 days.. I am sure it helped that wonderfully faithful people have been giving out bags with water bottles and some info about the church including our brochure during the Fall Fair weekend...

do you know the feeling when you know something is about to happen???? like right before that torrential downpour... there is such anticipation...
this is what we are feeling here at Hope for Life... something is going to happen...something BIG!!!

since opening October 17, 2011 we have had a steady flow of clients...quite blessed by the way the Lord has timed and managed this for us... not too overwhelming ... just a "little bit" overwhelming at times to keep us on our knees...

with 12 Volunteers covering every time slot during the 3 and a half days we are open, we are READY...  available and prepared..
poised with hearts open.. eyes fixed on Jesus.. to walk the path and serve Him as He has planned it before time began.... BLOWS my mind..

so maybe we can engage with our clients a little differently than a "Stand Alone" Center could... maybe, since I am working as the leader of a Church ministry I do what I did when leading another Church ministry... I feel I am free to invest and give of myself outside the times of operation..
meeting with our very first client last night, the first one to come here for a Pregnancy Test, when we just had opened, so obviously, hopelessly alone back then, having maintained contact and "walked" with her on her tumultuous journey all around Ontario over the last 9 months.. she told me a few days ago she wants to go to church... ha..
so I will make the 50 km trek again next Sunday, this time in the morning, to go with her, to support her  to be the one to lean on, be by her side as she takes a step of faith..
I AM SO VERY BLESSED!!!!!

who but the Lord God Almighty could have orchestrated every little detail of her life, my life, the churches' life, this ministry's life in such a way that the outcome would be a young, lost soul crying out for Him... from totally alone and hopeless to reaching out and asking : "could you come with me? I am too scared to go alone, but I know I need to, want to." .... absolutely YES!!!!!! what a privilege..

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,  to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
( Ephesians 3: 20-21 )

No comments:

Post a Comment