Wednesday, June 3, 2015

..KEEPING OUT fear and worry.....



Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. 
The Lord be with all of you.
2 Thessalonians 3:16

I love the Jesus Calling Devotional... this was one of the scriptures this morning..

I WANT TO BE CENTRAL in your entire being. When your focus is firmly on Me, My Peace displaces fears and worries. They will encircle you, seeking entrance, so you must stay alert. Let trust and thankfulness stand guard, turning back fear before it can gain a foothold. There is no fear in My Love, which shines on you continually. Sit quietly in My Love-Light, while I bless you with radiant Peace. Turn your whole being to trusting and loving Me.

sharing these little love letters and encouragements from Jesus with my youngest each morning is a privilege like none other.
cherishing those times knowing they will come to an end rather sooner than later..

Trust and Thankfulness standing guard..
against fears and worries..

I guess this is why even before any thought can enter my mind in the morning 
I NEED to give Him all that could cause anxiety to creep up..
being careful not to let it enter in sometime later in the day too..

Thankfulness and Trust
when some situation definitely would not evoke these kind of feelings I need to remember..
remember times when things looked as bleak and harsh before
and He turned them into something good
for those that love Him and have been chosen according to His purposes..

when it's hard to see anything potentially good in it at all..
when it's just sad and heart breaking and horrible..

that's when I have to choose to stand on what I know to be truth ..
not my feelings

truths like:
I will never leave you or forsake you
you are safe in the shelter of my wings
I will go with you 
I will make a path for you
I will hide you from your enemies
I love you with an everlasting love
my plans cannot be thwarted and they are to prosper you
not to harm
I am committed to you
I will finish what I started
I will bring you safely to my Heavenly Kingdom
I will prepare a room for you
and I will always delight over you
with singing..
my love will quiet you..
you are safe in my arms..

sickness
strife
dysfunction
hurt
chaos
loss

they all will fall away
but the Lord, the Lord Himself has become my salvation
He is my strength and my defence

I WILL TRUST
and NOT be afraid..

keeping out the fears and worries by guarding my heart with trust and thankfulness.

AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment