Wednesday, June 24, 2015

..live boldly for CHRIST.. and you WILL suffer....



He is a Promise Keeper
I love this about Him.
I know how important it is
a promise not kept can do quite some damage
I know that first hand / heart...

so, He is (the only) One to keep His promises ALWAYS

we love it
we find them in the scriptures
and we hold on to them
we stand on the them
and it gives us strength even when we can't see it

when starting to read the passage for the week on Monday this is where I was drawn to..
the promise.... ( in bold letters )

“Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.  Beware of men, for they will deliver you over to courts and flog you in their synagogues, 18 and you will be dragged before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them and the Gentiles.  When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour.  For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.  Brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death,  and you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

it encouraged me.
I thanked God for it.

reading it again today.
I realized
the whole passage is a promise so to speak.
we tend to not want to look at it that way

sheep in the midst of wolves
flogging
delivering over to death
put to death
hated for His name's sake

all promises.
the privilege of following Him boldly

some of His followers are experiencing this today- literally
those of us living for Him boldly are experiencing it, maybe not literally, but still

it's part of it
knowing Him in His suffering

He never covered that up
He spoke about it openly

being a follower of Christ is not like going to a cafeteria where we can pick and choose what we like,
it's a place with a set menu:

You Follow
You Suffer

"For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him"  Philippians 1:29

and then....

But the one who endures to the end will be saved

these are Timothy's ( almost ) last words to us:

But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion's mouth.  The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
2 Timothy 4:17-18

and this is what HE Himself told us:

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world   John 16:33

He is a Promise Keeper.
I love Him!







No comments:

Post a Comment