Thursday, May 28, 2015

..while you were sleeping....but HE never does....


Lord, be gracious to us;
    we long for you.
Be our strength every morning,
    our salvation in time of distress.
 At the uproar of your army, the peoples flee;
    when you rise up, the nations scatter.
 Your plunder, O nations, is harvested as by young locusts;
    like a swarm of locusts people pounce on it.
 The Lord is exalted, for he dwells on high;
    he will fill Zion with his justice and righteousness.
 He will be the sure foundation for your times,
    a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge;
    the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure.

Isaiah 33:2-6

waking up to more distress..
just thinking that before the internet
before smart phones
such kind of stuff would not have been there to greet you in the morning
it would not be there right at your fingertips at 5 am
when your dog woke you up

but

Even my close friend,
    someone I trusted,
one who shared my bread,
    has turned against me.
 But may you have mercy on me, Lord;
    raise me up, that I may repay them.
 I know that you are pleased with me,
    for my enemy does not triumph over me.
 Because of my integrity you uphold me
    and set me in your presence forever.
Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel,
    from everlasting to everlasting.

Psalm 41:9-13

when reading some Psalms.. as a follower of Christ, I do not quite get the "so I can repay them" 
after all, the Lord tells me that vengeance is His, not mine
I am asked to offer the other cheek, go the extra mile.. forgive.. and all that..
but,
I can find hope in the fact that He indeed has mercy on me
that He upholds me 
( not because of my righteousness but because of His )
and He has indeed set me in His presence forever
He is from everlasting to everlasting 
and He is not surprised by the latest onslaught I received sometime while I was sleeping
when the one who never sleeps  or slumbers was watching over me,
when He in His sovereignty allowed it,
He was, by His purposeful goodness 
accomplishing His plans for my life.

because of that 
I praise Him in the storm
because even the winds and waves obey Him
there is NOTHING that can separate me from the love of God..

and for that,
once again,
I am eternally thankful


No comments:

Post a Comment