Monday, May 18, 2015

...with joy you will draw water... no matter the threat level.. PTL


Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7

it's a well known passage, a passage I have made part of my daily, early morning prayer, 
practising what it says, 
NEEDING what it promises 
standing on this promise, sometimes for sheer survival..

last year around this time the "threat level" in my life was elevated quite a bit, horrendous things beyond my control, consequences of someone else's disregard of others affecting me..

God has been very good to me ever since, He always is.. He actually has blessed me and has been restoring the years the locusts have eaten in an area of brokenness like I never thought possible..

meanwhile the issues never got dealt with.. others were added and today I am finding myself in more of a stressed out state again..

Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you endured in a great conflict full of suffering...
Hebrews 10:32

remembering all His goodness to me.. remembering those days last year when I felt the fear in my stomach.. when He gave me
this verse and decided to believe it...

Surely God is my salvation;
    I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense;
    he has become my salvation.”
 Isaiah 12:2

and now, because His Word is alive and gives us all we need for life and godliness ... here is what I found when reading on:

With joy you will draw water
    from the wells of salvation.
Isaiah 12: 3

that's what I want... no fear... and joy.
that's what I can have
worries and stresses will not rob me of my joy..
the joy that is in the Lord.
what can man do to me.
what can anyone or anything do to me.
God is my salvation
the Lord Himself is my strength and my defense...

nothing can separate me from that.
NOTHING

so thankful for that.
eternally.



No comments:

Post a Comment