Tuesday, May 5, 2015

choose wisely... for the easy road leads to DESTRUCTION


sinking into this weeks passage in Matthew, these two verses kept on jumping out at me.. thinking on them I realize that there are so many different facets to them..

Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.  For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

thinking of my loved ones on the wide and easy road.. which will FOR SURE lead to destruction.. the lure and temptation of the "easy" is only going to be "true" for a while.. the consequences of choosing this road are monumental... praying that some "turning around / repentance" will happen.. as long as there is breath there is time to do that..

the narrow gate... the way is hard.. do I ever know of that.. and yet.. it leads to life, life everlasting, eternal life with God... always worth the "harder road".... even more blessed when reading the cross reference in Psalm 16:11

You make known to me the path of life;
    in your presence there is fullness of joy;
    at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

fullness of joy.. not just joy.. not just happiness and gratitude and blessing and refuge and protection and love and mercy and grace..
but fullness of that.. more than enough.. overflowing.. never ending.. no need to fear of running out.. ever..
pleasures forever more
eternal pleasures
treasures in heaven
gladness and fulfilment 
eternally
in His presence
no ifs or buts
and on earth
Him by my side
His angels watching over my every step
making sure I will not stumble
safe in my Daddy's arms
sheltered from the attacks of the evil one
who has already LOST the battle for my soul

yup.. so thankful He opened my eyes and gave me the faith to choose the narrow gate..
so thankful because of the Holy Spirit in me,
I can continue to choose the hard road
no compromise
no leaving the path laid out for me
His will
My salvation
My defense
I am NOT AFRAID
because He first LOVED ME





No comments:

Post a Comment