Sunday, April 28, 2013

without Christ: a hopeless end...with Him: endless HOPE


Rick Warren lost his son a few weeks ago. He committed suicide. He was mentally ill. He was a born again Christian...

wow.. this poor man and his wife are dealing not "only" with the loss of a child, which I can't even try to fathom how horrific that would be ( every parent's greatest fear ) but as a pastor and a person in the limelight, two more issues that are very controversial, have made grieving for them an even more painful ordeal...

the man continues to tweet and it is an honor to follow him on twitter:

  • WHY I TWEET “God comforts us in our troubles so that when others are troubled, we can give them God's comfort too” 2Cor 1:4
  • When haters wrote on Matt's death Psalm 18:18 helped:“They attacked me at the moment I was weakest,but the Lord upheld me!"
  • Without the grace of Jesus: a hopeless end. With the grace of Jesus: an endless hope.
  • The world’s winners are often losers in what matters most. (Both now and #forever in eternity) See 1 Sam. 16:7
  • Part of living a purpose driven life is ignoring what doesn't really matter.
  • You can't learn God is ALL you need in ALL circumstance unless you go through all kinds of circumstances.
  • On the Cross,Jesus bore not only all our sins, but also all our questions,when he cried out in agony "My God, my God, WHY?
  • In Crisis? Release your grief.Receive help from others.Refuse to become bitter.Refocus on what matters most.Rely on Christ!
  • Even if it's rejected or not returned, #love is never wasted.


... God is ALL I need in ALL circumstances... wow.. I know, I believe that.. how Rick Warren must struggle and yet he chooses to hold on to what he knows is true.
how does he know that? he knows the WORD of GOD... who helps him? the SPIRIT of God...

my dear daughter just rented  an apartment and will move out over the next few weeks... it was to happen and it is a good thing. going to Law School in September she will bury herself in her books, and I will have to book time to see her. I admire her self discipline and determination. I am proud of her, I am happy for her.... but I am grieving too..... after 22 and half years this "not so little anymore" bird is going to leave the nest, for, I am pretty sure, what will be forever..

finally a nice Spring day yesterday and I finished my "yard cleanup" so far... went and exchanged my empty propane tank (for my BBQ) for a full one ... got groceries and even went to the LCBO, where us Canadians have to get our "alcohol"... got a bottle of red wine and some summery mixed drinks I like... still, after almost 3 and a half years of being on my own I cannot get my head around, or should I say my heart around myself being out there, on a weekend, when couples are out doing their thing, and finding myself walking into the LCBO... like taking care of my car..... something in my mind and experience is what "a man does".... highlighting the fact I don't "have" one in my life...

oh well. big huge trouble not as averted as I thought, feeling alone, my mother, so far away, suffering from her sickness and the cruelty one person continues to inflict on her, I have been praying, a lot....

Jesus, I've forgotten the words that You have spoken
Promises that burned within my heart have now grown dim
With a doubting heart I follow the paths of earthly wisdom
Forgive me for my unbelief
Renew the fire again

Lord have mercy
Christ have mercy
Lord have mercy on me

I have built an altar where I worship things of men
I have taken journeys that have drawn me far from You
Now I am returning to Your mercies ever flowing
Pardon my transgressions
Help me love You again


Lord have mercy
Christ have mercy
Lord have mercy on me


I have longed to know You and Your tender mercies
Like a river of forgiveness ever flowing without end
I bow my heart before You in the goodness of Your presence
Your grace forever shining
Like a beacon in the night


Lord have mercy
Christ have mercy
Lord have mercy on me
( by Michael W Smith)

praying for Rick Warren and his family... thanking God for this man who in the midst of his great loss encourages others, like me...

FRESH OFF THE PRESS: Twitter that is:
My great comfort in pain isn't in knowing that God will someday use it for good, but that RIGHT NOW HE SUFFERING WITH ME.

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment