Tuesday, April 2, 2013

...the peace in a war breaking out against me....

the peace that passes all understanding .....

hmmmmm.... until I experienced this phenomena for the first time I didn't really know what that meant...

it was many years ago... probably about 7 or 8 years... when one night after my oldest daughter had a huge fight with her Dad and left in the middle of the night...

what a shock for me to find the note on her bed the next morning.....
talk about NO PEACE.... fear gripped me... a steel band around my stomach and my heart....

remember talking and praying with my counsellor and close friend, the next day when we were about to meet with her.... 

 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4: 4-7

so I did, I gave all my requests, with Thanksgiving, to God... and there it was... the peace that transcends all understanding... things were worked out eventually and our daughter came back home..

this last week, as my dear pastor put it today,  a bomb hit me and my life.... something that is happening to me without anything I ever had to do with it... all I can do, is forgive the perpetrator and accept the consequences that are for sure going to come from this... first, there was fear, anxiety... but then, He did it again, the peace came... 

sharing this with a client today she too wanted this peace.. so she prayed, she asked God into her heart and there is rejoicing in heaven.....

God is good, and all that happens to me has been filtered through His loving hands... I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He loves me .... I know that this is true:

I will proclaim the name of the Lord.
Oh, praise the greatness of our God!
He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
upright and just is he.
Deuteronomy 32: 3+4

tomorrow is another pivotal moment in this latest ordeal..... whatever the outcome of this will be, I know that my God has my back....

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
    whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
    of whom shall I be afraid?
 When the wicked advance against me
    to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
    who will stumble and fall.
 Though an army besiege me,
    my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
    even then I will be confident.
 One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple.
 For in the day of trouble
    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
    and set me high upon a rock.
Psalm 27: 1-5

1 comment:

  1. Praying with you and for you, my friend. Continue to cling to Him.

    ReplyDelete