Sunday, September 27, 2015

..navigating through the darkness....

read in a devotional ( by James MacDonald, I LOVE James MacDonald ) not so long ago that when going through trials as a believer what we have happening in our favour, as opposed to our non-believing neighbours, is that we know where we are going, we have more of a concept of what is going on in our lives and what the purpose of all the suffering might be..

once again, it comes down to knowing the One who holds our future in His hands..
once again, how well we can maneuver through the trials has to do with how well we know Him..
once again, we are blessed because He has given us all we need to know Him well...

this is the passage of Scripture that James MacDonald used:

And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
    and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
    and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”

 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father?

Hebrews 12: 5-7

I am His daughter, and when I go through hardship, which I in some way or another as a Christ follower always will, I can receive His strength, His comfort, His direction, His help, His wisdom, I have hope, that even if things won't change here and now, I have eternity with Him..
I have the privilege of having received His forgiveness and His instruction to forgive others which helps me making it through the valleys so much better..

as I was confronted with a family member's attacks just last week.. after finding my footing again, hiding in the arms of my Father, I was just so very thankful that I do not have to be out there diminishing others... that my troubles and the difficulties I am facing are not one dark mess that makes me lash out at those that are close by..
that I do not have to retaliate but can rather forgive and continue to pray for those that just don't know any better...

not because I am so much better or kinder or more forgiving, but just because no matter how dark and hard and maybe even confusing stuff around me gets once in a while, I do have Him, my Saviour who leads me by His light.. He is my lighthouse and He gives me all that I need for life and godliness..

because He is constantly working in me I can deal with trials and suffering differently... if I let Him have His way that is..

the other wonderful thing is that if or when those loved ones that do not know Him one day will bow their knee before Him, they too can receive all this... that's a hope I am clinging to and this is my prayer for all of them..

I am thankful that when I was still dead in my transgressions, He gave His life for me. reconciling me to the Father who I can run to now, who I can cling to, not only in the hard times, but always..
thankful to have such a friend, a lover of my soul, who is more than able to handle anything that comes my way... doing it His way is what I am asking Him to help me with each and every day.....



No comments:

Post a Comment