Tuesday, September 15, 2015

married a month minus a day... He is growing us, TOGETHER...



praying this morning with my husband, giving the Lord all that is on our minds and hearts, all our anxious thoughts about family members and things that need to fall into place..

immigration, moving, health insurance, finances and all that kind of stuff..

it was good to just have read this passage in the Word:

The Lord said to Gideon, “You have too many warriors with you. If I let all of you fight the Midianites, the Israelites will boast to me that they saved themselves by their own strength"
Judges 7:2

the truth is the army of the Midianites were 135,000 soldiers and Gideon had 32,000...
so he had too many???????????

in the end the Lord made Gideon sent all but 300 men home.. and they won the battle..

all so they wouldn't be able to boast that they had done it themselves..

I guess human nature is human nature is human nature.... then and now... we are all the same.. it's pride..
and He, our Daddy in Heaven is fully aware of this...

so it made us think...
this is why things don't really "fall into place" until all of our own efforts have been exhausted...
this is why so often we just don't have any control over things.. so that we will not boast in ourselves but only in Him..

this is why through both my husband's and my marriage breakups He basically removed all that would have given us security, security apart from the Lord that is..

I remember after a rather hurtful exchange with my mother a few months after my husband left me, I had felt that not only did I not have a husband ( and the security that gave me ) anymore but also, apparently I really didn't have a mother ( and she had given me a lot of security emotionally all throughout my life ) 
I remember praying that night and telling my Jesus that if He needed to strip me of all, He should just go ahead.. I wanted to rely only on Him...

so in this new stage of my life, in our life, He, as always is true to His Word, He is not giving up on bringing to perfection the work He started in us.. making us rely on Him in so many different ways..
so that we could not boast in ourselves but only in what Christ has done in us.. and for us...

For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?
1 Corinthians 4:7

struggling with this at times it was good to have heard about some things He is doing in the life of a "very much loved one" right now.. how He is answering my fervent prayers for her and how He, once again is going above and beyond all I could ever have asked for or imagined..

remembering His faithfulness we are going ahead and are deciding to trust and not be afraid , because He has become our salvation, He, the Lord Himself is our strength and our defence, He IS OUR SALVATION...

good that this is settled :)




No comments:

Post a Comment