Monday, September 14, 2015

... 4 weeks and living my vows...




4 weeks and counting :)

3 days until our 1 month  anniversary.. so amazing.. so very blessed.
been able to spend the last few days with my husband and I am so thankful for that.

was supposed to be spending my weekend with a group of friends the Lord gave to me during the 5 hardest years of my life..

was supposed to be spending the weekend retreating, seeking the Lord, worshipping Him and reconnecting with those treasured friends..

I am so thankful for what God did a little over 5 years ago when I, still raw with pain caused by the horrific break up of my marriage, packed my bags, travelled to Seattle to embark on a Cruise with "Michael W Smith and Friends"..

I knew no one... and to be honest, the night before getting on the ship, in the privacy of my hotel room in Seattle, I questioned my state of mind when booking this trip... how crazy was I..

truth is, my Daddy in Heaven had orchestrated it all and by me doing something that crazy He blessed me with amazing times all by myself in my cabin, on my knees praying and encountering Him in a way like never before.. He blessed me by giving me a whole new family... fellow believers.. with a similar crazy streak... passionate worshippers of the Lord .. loving those worship concerts and devotions as much as I did..

the events put on by Michael W Smith and the amazing people that work for Him became the highlights of my years .. counting down the sleeps to each one of them starting as early as a year and a half before... often times looking forward to them seemed to be the only positive thing I had going...

so in October of last year, I was, as always, one of the first ones booking my room for this retreat... I had met my now husband but we most definitely were not quite where we would have booked a trip together for almost a year later...

in the meantime, thanks to how God had planned it all along, we got married and as much as I thought I could do it all, I had to come to the place were I had to make a decision..

was I going to do, what I had just vowed to my husband in front of God and all those that were with us on our Wedding day... to put him and his needs before mine.. to make him a priority and honor and respect him in all that I do ?

well, obviously, there was no real question about this once I realized that this was what it was all about..

seeing all the many pictures of this, I am sure so wonderful weekend away, was kind of hard, just because I have been part of this for quite some time now..

being together with my husband, spending a weekend enjoying "us"... taking care of some things for our life together... attending a church that might become "our church home" and, last night, going to see the movie "90 minutes in heaven".... PRICELESS

we are booked for the next Michael W Smith and Friends event... both of us... and.. that's in 291 days, 19 hours, 24 minutes and 30 seconds.. :)

thanks to God.. there are MANY things to look forward to before !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment