Friday, January 30, 2015

.. reflecting.. a trip to Switzerland....

back home, I am sitting on my beautiful couch... my puppies nicely snuggled up to me...it's freezing outside and my furnace is keeping us warm.. finally caught the cold my daughter had last week while we were visiting her.. oh well..




reflecting on the week away I am so thankful..
so thankful I could visit my child and be there for her while she had a bad cold..
thankful she wanted me to meet all her new friends and for seeing her having fun AND being wise and mature..
thankful to be there with my parents, taking them to Dr's appointments, doing errands for them and filling the freezer with some easy to warm up meals...


thankful for this man that came with me knowing that this trip was not about us..
thankful for him being selfless and just trying to be there for me..
thankful for his help and willingness to sacrifice our time together to help out my Dad in a big way..

thankful for the time we had to have a little bit of vacation time after all, skiing one day, a nice walk on another...

thankful now for being inside, while he is out there picking up some stuff to help me with things in my home.. what a guy.... <3

thankful to God for all this.
thankful that He holds everything that is going on, near and far, in His more than capable hands.. new situations, just erupting now, old ones that just don't seem to change..

thankful that in knowing Him we have all we need for life and godliness..
He gives wisdom generously and without finding fault,
He heals the brokenhearted and He restores what the enemy has been busy destroying..
the waves are crashing all around us right now, but He is our rock and our salvation, if He is for us, who can be against us.. what can mere man do to us..
we can trust and don't need to be afraid because He commands His angels concerning us to guard us in all our ways..
as we abide in Him He WILL restore the years the locusts have eaten..

oh, what a friend we have in Jesus.. this never gets old.

it's all about Him !




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. I am glad you are home safe. Praying for you, that wonderful man in your life and for your family! Hugs
    Marja

    ReplyDelete