Monday, January 26, 2015

......My Lighthouse..navigating new and unchartered waters...


lately I have been feeling like a little boat...  I kind of like to think of myself as a cute little one..
I  think I am little chipped... obviously there is some wear and tear... I still think I am colourful, still functioning... but maybe I sound a little creaky at times..

lately I, the little boat,  ( maybe the blue one) ...   have found navigating the waters has been a little harder than other times...

makes me think of the little train... the little train Miriam, that was going along that well laid out track, not a happy one necessarily, but one the train was very well acquainted with... sometimes through deserts.. sometimes through really rough terrain...
once in a while the track even went through a beautiful quiet meadow... just to be thrown high up into the air by something unforeseen... there was deep pain and that little train got really scared.. after all, there were now no more well known tracks but uncertainty... the little train had been broken into many pieces.. it needed to be restored and fixed... it needed attention from the manufacturer....

today... ( somehow the train has turned into a boat, and don't ask me how.... ) this little well worn boat  is trying to navigate new waters... aging parents, all kinds of family fallout, children grown up and traveling along on their own journey... new relationships and old ones...

one thing this little boat has learned... there is just no way to navigate through all these different ever changing waters without something to light the way..

my love for lighthouses is something that goes far beyond my love of the sea and that they just look so beautiful... there is so much more to it than that...

I, the little boat Miriam, I am making sure my eyes are ever fixed on my lighthouse..
my lighthouse is not a building... but a light He for sure is...
my lighthouse is my only hope in the darkness, my only fixed and stable beacon... no matter the storms that arise... sometimes out of nowhere..

He, my lighthouse knows the beginning from the end.. I have NO idea...
He, my lighthouse is light.. there is NO darkness where He is...
He, my lighthouse stands firm, He never wavers, so that no matter  the storms I can be safe... oh how I love Him ...

In my wrestling and in my doubts
In my failures You won't walk out
Your great love will lead me through
You are the peace in my troubled sea
You are the peace in my troubled sea

In the silence, You won't let go
In my questions, Your truth will hold
Your great love will lead me through
You are the peace in my troubled sea
You are the peace in my troubled sea

My Lighthouse, my lighthouse
Shining in the darkness, I will follow You
My Lighthouse, my Lighthouse
I will trust the promise, 
You will carry me safe to shore 
Safe to shore 
Safe to shore 
Safe to shore

I won't fear what tomorrow brings
With each morning I'll rise and sing
My God's love will lead me through
You are the peace in my troubled sea
You are the peace in my troubled sea

Fire before us, You're the brightest
You will lead us through the storms

one day, over 20 years ago... I first saw the light... my lighthouse... He had opened my eyes and I could finally see Him... I am thankful for that each and every day....  AMEN




No comments:

Post a Comment