Thursday, July 31, 2014

....peace when the THREAT LEVEL is upgraded to RED.. All Glory be to HIM...

received an email last night, finally, after a frustrating almost 3 months of waiting, and as much as it is so much better to at least have an idea what to expect, the news itself was not good..

over the last little while I have been trying to hide in my Father in Heaven's embrace.. trusting Him and not being afraid of what might be coming my way...

and now it is here... worst case scenario..

sharing the news with some friends asking them to pray, in an eerie way the peace never quite left me.. that peace that surpasses all understanding has been mine throughout all of this... trusting and not being afraid as I drifted of to sleep and throughout the night the only prayer I had was that He would be glorified through all of this..

thanks to technology I was able to do a little search of the Bible for the word "glory" this morning.. these are a few of the scriptures I found..

Sing to the Lord, all the earth;
    proclaim his salvation day after day.
 Declare his glory among the nations,
    his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
1 Chronicles 16:23-24

 I will extol the Lord at all times;
    his praise will always be on my lips.
 I will glory in the Lord;
    let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
 Glorify the Lord with me;
    let us exalt his name together.
Psalm 34:1-3

All your works praise you, Lord;
    your faithful people extol you.
 They tell of the glory of your kingdom
    and speak of your might,
 so that all people may know of your mighty acts
    and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
Psalm 145:10-12

there are many of those and they just confirmed what my heart was telling me.. rejoicing in Him, praising Him and giving Him the glory is what it is all about, no matter how harsh the circumstances..

I kept on scrolling through the scriptures and " Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!".... He had so much more for me..

Isaiah 43 has been a place where even throughout these last 3 months I have found some real encouragement and peace... there is verses 1-3.. the walking through the river and fire part.. love that one.. then there was the one I really have been clinging to.. verses 18-19:

“Forget the former things;
    do not dwell on the past.
 See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland.

the verses that were listed for "glory" where verses 4-7.. following right after the promise that He would walk with us through the fires.. and the raging storms..

here it is:
Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
    and because I love you,
I will give people in exchange for you,
    nations in exchange for your life.
 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
    I will bring your children from the east
    and gather you from the west.
 I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
    and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’
Bring my sons from afar
    and my daughters from the ends of the earth—
 everyone who is called by my name,
    whom I created for my glory,
    whom I formed and made.”

I marvel at my God, the Mighty One, I marvel at His Word, I marvel at His love and provision, for this is what He said to me...

I created you for my glory... I love you and you are precious in my sight.. I will walk with you through the difficult things that you now know are coming your way.. you don't have to be afraid.. in my mighty power I will make all things work out.. because I created you for my glory, I made you and formed you... and... just to give you a light at the end of this very dark and scary tunnel.... I am about to do a new thing... forget the old and bad stuff that is causing all this for you.. there will be streams in the wilderness and I will give you rest in the presence of your enemies.. I will do new things that you cannot even imagine, because ...you are mine, you are precious and honoured in my sight... 

my heart is once again overflowing with His grace and love...  because He is faithful and when we seek Him with all our heart He is found.. I asked that His glory would be seen through all this ... and wow, did He ever meet me..

In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
    in the morning I lay my requests before you
    and wait expectantly.




No comments:

Post a Comment