Friday, July 25, 2014

...CHANGES.. good and bad... but HE never changes :)

 just saw this picture on Facebook.. I follow all these amazing photographers that take pictures of lighthouses around the Great Lakes..
I have been to this lighthouse, it is on Lake Superior.. I fell in love with it right away.. chances are I will never go there again, so looking at this picture makes me think of good things coming to an end, how everything changes and how sometimes we do not like that...



 then there was this picture a few days ago.. this is a lighthouse on Lake Michigan and, God willing I will be there in less than two weeks.. I am planning to take many amazing pictures of all the lighthouses around that area when I go on my first ever "all by myself road trip"....

I am apprehensive about going all by myself, preparing myself to spend a week without anyone to share it with..  this is just one way a change that happened  a few years ago continues to work itself out in my life...

I am excited and I am scared..   but the good thing with road trips is one can turn around anytime one feels like it ;)

then there is this picture... I think it was about 16 years ago... a change happened about 3 months later.. our little puppy, only 10 months at the time, was run over by a car and died..  I remember grieving her loss and thinking I would never ever want a dog again...

the little girl in the picture was especially cute back then.. she was so tiny and so excited about everything she saw... she loved the puppy.. the three of us had an amazing summer that year...






 and there she is now.. finished school and ready to do some more growing up.. she is ready, I am not sure how ready I am...  changes..  they are part of life.. things never quite stay the way they are.. often that is a good thing... other times we have a little bit of a harder time with it..

made me think of the One that never changes... there is no need for Him to change, because He already is perfect.. He is holy.. and just, and merciful and caring. He is all knowing and all powerful.. but most of all He is faithful and keeps His promises.. He never lies.. He can't.. He is truth and He is all we need...

facing changes can be quite difficult.. thankfully the One that never changes  always stays with us... He will never leave, neither for a sad or a good reason, He just won't.. He is more committed to us, than we can ever be to Him... He knows us and loves us and I am sure He is pleased to see us change into His likeness more and more....

I am thankful that I am aware that nothing ever stays the same  (other than Him ), it gives me hope in some situations.. (the bad ones), and it makes me more intentional about engaging lovingly in the other ones.. like letting my baby fly the nest...

all in all... it is all good, because that never changing One, He will use everything in our lives for the good for those, that love Him, that have been called according to His purpose...



All my changes come from Him,
He who never changes..
I am held firm in the grasp
of the Rock of all the Ages!

thankful for that... ETERNALLY...

No comments:

Post a Comment