Wednesday, July 16, 2014

@mwsmithofficial and friends cruise 2014.. I WILL TRUST AND NOT BE AFRAID!



after counting down for 450 days (  might have been more ), on July 6 it really happened.. no more sleeps or days to wait ...  the Cruise ship left Seattle Harbour and we started sailing north... to Alaska....

meeting many precious friends the day before already the level of excitement was quite high..
first concert that night and a jam packed schedule for the whole week .. devotions, worship, teaching, concerts and more concerts.. choir rehearsals and performances.. 

beautiful Alaska... glaciers, seals, whales.. tiny little towns.. very quaint and interesting  beyond the touristy places.. lots of pictures taken...

deep conversations with great friends.. lots of great food and laughter..

it was the perfect getaway ... 

I knew that I wouldn't be able to get away... I am just not the type to push stuff off.. can't compartmentalize.. I am a woman after all... this latest fire also has been burning too hot..

so I prayed that the peace my Lord promises to give me would allow me to enjoy what He was blessing me with...

and He did.

the devotions and teachings were right on.... just some scriptures that were shared:


As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.  Be strong and courageous
Joshua 1: 5-6

this was the most impactful one for me:


Surely God is my salvation;
    I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense
    he has become my salvation.
Isaiah 12 : 2

the few times I had some internet connection some more bad news made it's way to me.. anxiety wanted to grip me but hey, I was not going to let it.. I WILL TRUST AND NOT BE AFRAID......

drinking in the nearness of my Lord and Saviour through the love of His people poured out to me, the majesty of His creation, through singing His praises almost ( or so it felt anyways) 24 / 7....  I was courageous, not giving in to fear but rather trusting Him for whatever the outcome of this perfect storm will be.. 

on my way home from the airport.. a phone call.. REALITY ... many more since then, the temperature has not changed.. it is a hot fire, but like when Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were thrown into the blazing hot furnace... there is one more person with me as I am walking through the fire....

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
 When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.
 For I am the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior

Isaiah 43:1-3

His will is perfect, it cannot be thwarted by anyone, His purposeful goodness is at work, no matter how it looks or feels.. His plans ARE and always WILL BE to prosper and not to harm.. to give a hope and a future..

TO HIM BE ALL GLORY AND PRAISE



No comments:

Post a Comment