Friday, July 18, 2014

... He will take great delight in you... DO NOT BE AFRAID.....



I am so glad I signed up for this daily email called "365 Fear Nots"..

it's just a scripture really they are sending first thing in the morning and there have been many times where this has been exactly what I needed to cling to the "I am not afraid" thing in the past few months..

today.. another treasure.. what got to me was that I am very familiar with what follows the "don't be afraid"... wasn't quite aware of this little phrase right before one of my MOST favourite verses..

Do not fear, Zion;
    do not let your hands hang limp.

... The Lord your God is with you,
    the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
    in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
    but will rejoice over you with singing.

Zephaniah 3:16-17

I have read through the whole Bible in a year at some point in time, but have never studied through the book of Zephaniah though and so this morning, I spent some time in this chapter.

I have memorized verse 17 and have found great comfort in picturing my Daddy in Heaven taking such delight in me and rejoicing over me with singing... I didn't realize the setting.. I didn't take in all of the context.. so
this morning reading it and letting it sink in I am even more amazed by this love the Father communicates here..

His people had been haughty and arrogant, they had sinned and were stubborn, they had turned away and He was punishing them.. He was purging them of the arrogant and just leaving the remnant.. the humble and meek.. those that would come and worship Him from everywhere.. He told them, like He told me this morning, that they did not have to be afraid ... because the Mighty Warrior who saves was going to be with them.. and not only that.. He was going to take delight in them and wouldn't hold their sin against them... instead He was going to rejoice over them with singing..

what a tender and merciful moment.. the Almighty Warrior... delighting and singing over His beloved children..

so thankful that I am on of them.. that my sins are forgiven, He doesn't remember them no more.. instead He delights in me..
He sings over me and quiets my heart dealing with fear and distress.....

tonite, I am clinging to this.. tonite, I am finding myself to weary to even be able to respond anymore.. emotionally worn I am just going to let Him hold on to me. because He is my Abba Father.. He not only delights over me, He knows me, He wants to know me, He wants to spend time with me, He saves me and He has my back. I don't have to be alert.. I can just hide in the shadow of His wings and let go of all that burdens me. all that makes me sad and leaves me weak... He will renew my strength so I can soar on wings like eagles... I will run and not grow weary and I will walk and not be faint.. all thanks to Him...

There is no one like Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment