Wednesday, April 23, 2014

.. out of the ashes.. SOVEREIGN OVER ME... my new home :)


today, one week before I get "occupancy" of my new home... my teensy weensy Condo... ( it really is so small... ) I got to do a walk through... got to see it for the first time since I snug in with a precious "partner in crime / friend"  many, many months ago... and.  I love it!!!

I have been planning, arranging, sorting and packing and all that stuff for quite some time now.
big changes. decisions made. good or not so good we do not know. but made after all. done deal.

recovering from this latest onslaught of brutal, verbal abuse, trying to do all that was necessary while ministering to those the Lord has brought into my life for this reason, left me feeling a bit fragile and overwhelmed.. lots of tears.

then, last week, this is what He had for me.

Jesus. after the resurrection appearing to the disciples telling them this:

And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven....

He knew I felt beaten down and weak. so He reminded me of something. the power of Heaven, the power that resurrected Jesus from the dead, that power. it is in me.
no need to feel defeated. no one. no matter how much I love them can diminish me to rubble. the power from Heaven is powerful enough to restore me. again. again. and again.

so. slowly over the last week I have been regaining my strength. have been packing. looking at old family pictures. reading old cards. testimony to what my life has been. the good and the bad.
some things have not turned out the way I would have liked them. some things are tough and almost unbearable. and yet. the power. that amazing heavenly power of my Father in Heaven. it is not broken. He has my back. He is on my side.



There is strength within the sorrow, There is beauty in our tears
You meet us in our mourning, With a love that casts out fear
You are working in our waiting, Sanctifying us
When beyond our understanding, You’re teaching us to trust


Your plans are still to prosper, You have not forgotten us
You’re with us in the fire and the flood
Faithful forever, Perfect in love
You are sovereign over us


You are wisdom unimagined, Who could understand your ways
Reigning high above the heavens, Reaching down in endless grace
Youʼre the Lifter of the lowly, Compassionate and kind
You surround and You uphold me, Your promises are my delight


Even what the enemy means for evil
You turn it for our good, You turn it for our good and for your glory
Even in the valley You are faithful
Youʼre working for our good, Youʼre working for our good and for your glory


and so I will move. into my new home. trusting to be right where He wants me to be. right where He will use me for His glory. where I get to share in His glory. where I get to soak up His love. filled with His power. He is AMAZING.  Love Him



No comments:

Post a Comment