Thursday, April 10, 2014

... futile and meaningless...



I don't know about you... but I think most of us think life is all about learning new things, figuring stuff out.. and that through this we will be growing, will be transformed, will become more like Him.

I don't know about you... but it seems that often trying to figure out stuff is futile.. new theories , no matter how accurate they might be, are not the answer.

I don't know about you... but the growing really happens despite ourselves, the transforming happens not because we are trying to change ourselves.

it is all about a person. a relationship. He is the one transforming us. He is the one with the answers. His theories are true. His wisdom is all we need.

all we need to do is draw close to Him. trust Him. allow Him to have all of  us.

I don't know about you... but there is such freedom in totally giving up oneself.

I don't know about you.. but once I surrender.. stop the desperate attempt to figure it out.. there is a peace and a blessing that fills my heart up like nothing else ever can...

"Christ says "Give me All. I don't want so much of your time and so much of your money and so much of your work: I want You. I have not come to torment your natural self, but to kill it. . . . I will give you a new self instead. In fact, I will give you Myself: my own will shall become yours."
-C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

truth is, He has given Himself to me. once I stop long enough to acknowledge this, the pressure of trying to figure it out leaves me....

there is nothing wrong with wanting to be more like Him, nothing wrong with wanting to live in such as way as to bring glory to Him... truth is, no matter how much I will try, I will never figure it out ...

it is Him. Him alone. His Grace. His Love. His Mercy. His Power.

Thankful for that. because when I can't He gets the glory! and the glory needs to be His. His alone.
#SoliDeoGloria


No comments:

Post a Comment