Friday, February 21, 2014

... just let me do this ....



So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you.
Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him.
Colossians 3:5,10

With the Lord’s authority I say this: Live no longer as the Gentiles do, for they are hopelessly confused.  Their minds are full of darkness; they wander far from the life God gives because they have closed their minds and hardened their hearts against him.  They have no sense of shame. They live for lustful pleasure and eagerly practice every kind of impurity.

 But that isn’t what you learned about Christ. Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from him,  throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes.  Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy.
Ephesians 4:17-24

this week's scriptures  had me thinking this morning ... all action words ... put to death ... throw off ... put on ... 

but let's remember what it says in Colossians 3:1 
"Since you have been raised to new life with Christ" ..... so, it's a done deal, if you believed .. you now are a new creation, the old has gone...
living this out, working this out in your life ... it's a process, decisions, choices .... choices possible because of what Christ has done ...

nothing new here ... yet ... this is what stood out to me...

it's the Spirit that renews my thoughts and attitudes ... those that lead me to make choices according to my "taken care off" old nature ...

ha ... now that's amazing, I think ... I just need to "let" the Spirit do that ... and because I choose to draw near,  I am being renewed, I am putting on my new nature ... and... and this is HUGE.... that new nature is created to be like God... righteous and holy...

last night... when reading through my last blog, I thought for a moment I heard the still, small voice saying... " you just have to let me do this "....  as I have been meditating on these passages for the last two days I guess the Spirit had been testifying to my spirit.. and even before it hit my mind, it already had penetrated my heart... and there it was...

I just have to let Him, the Holy Spirit, do this........ as I choose to draw near, He IS doing it.........
now that is encouraging and very exciting.. for me anyways...

I shall never cease to praise Him for who He is!! Father, Son and Holy Spirit... 
Soli Deo Gloria









No comments:

Post a Comment