Saturday, February 8, 2014

..take heart.. I have overcome the world...


made this my Facebook cover today.. love this verse...

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

from spiritual high way out in the prairies, deeply encouraged and uplifted, to tragic news about a friend and sorrowful times in a loved ones life... it seems there is no shortage of emotions..

from vibrant and amazingly deep connection to witnessing "empty religion"..
 all in one week..

never a dull moment, that's for sure

it leaves me thankful
thankful that this is just one of the many verses that get it right
indeed,
He has told us ALL THIS in HIS WORD
so that we can have peace,
a peace,
not from this world
beyond all understanding and reasoning
not in ourselves, 
made up defences 
build up walls,
 but in HIM
that, oh yes,
don't be caught by surprise
there ARE trials and sorrows
plenty of them,
in this world
stuff we cannot control
stuff we don't like
stuff that hurts
but
TAKE HEART
be brave
have hope
don't let it steal your JOY
because
HE
and HE ALONE
has overcome it all
and so can we
not out of our own strength
but through HIM
have peace

and that peace that passes all understanding is MINE,
always,
as it guards my mind and my heart
in CHRIST JESUS
my SAVIOUR

I LOVE HIM


No comments:

Post a Comment