Thursday, February 20, 2014

... comfort supplied by Jesus... :)



"It is quite useless knocking at the door of heaven for earthly comfort; it's not the sort of comfort they supply there." - C.S. Lewis, Letters of C.S. Lewis

just read this and it so fits with what has been going through my head the last few days...
been a bit stressed out with listing my house, getting it ready to show and all that... trying to juggle all  this includes.. my new place, the financial aspects and all that.. got an offer and things are moving along well, so I hope, all thanks to the Lord of course..  I was thinking today ( exhausted as I was ) that it would just be so nice to share this with someone ... oh, and then I had to stop myself right there..

later on there was some friction between me and my child, and again... the same thought..
had to take it captive, because that's the whole point of this new thing that He is doing in me...

when things are exhausting, when things are hard, even when things are amazing and exciting..
instead of thinking this way, like I was, and by that going back to that " I am only ok when there is someone in my life", someone that would share this like none of my most well meaning, closest friends ever will or can...  I should be turning towards my Lord and give Him all that exhaustion, that feeling of being overwhelmed and that excitement... rather than looking / longing for a substitute..

because, and this is where this C.S. Lewis quote hit me... the comfort "heaven" has for me is not that limited earthly comfort.. ( and don't get me wrong, I would not say "no" to it if He was going to give this to me at some point in time ) "they" do supply something very different... and maybe it is a little difficult to change my focus, maybe it will take some time to exchange the old habit and thinking with the new... but.. it's still worth it......

I have not been knocking and asking for the earthly comfort now for 4 weeks... I am refusing to go back there... and when the thoughts come, I will, by His grace take them captive and replace them with the truth... the truth that in Him I find all that I need.... comfort, strength, attention, help, encouragement, love, affection,... flawless, eternal perfection... that's what He has... delighting in Him I am.....

so here  I am, it's snowing, AGAIN, ( I am thinking of going on a "Shovel Strike" ;) by myself, finally relaxing a little... and I am thankful, thankful for His presence and His never-ending, unfailing, unconditional, undeserved love for me ..... My Jesus ROCKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment