Saturday, December 21, 2013

.. to those who grieve.. a BABY has come...



The people who walked in darkness
    have seen a great light;
those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness,
    on them has light shone.

was wondering as I read this this morning... I have been walking in His light, in this great light that came into the world for almost 20 years... and yet, right now, and over and over again even during these 20 years, there has been darkness in my life... 

For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
    and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
 Of the increase of his government and of peace
    there will be no end,
on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
    to establish it and to uphold it
with justice and with righteousness
    from this time forth and forevermore.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.

saddened by my life's circumstances, again, I was feeling that darkness, and I was wondering... how does this give me hope, because walking in this hope, I still encounter the darkness.. again and again..
been a counsellor long enough to "know" all the right answers to this... and yet, my heart, right now, is struggling .... so as I dwelled and challenged and questioned... and struggled... because I HAVE this hope, I came to this conclusion... thank you LORD... even though right now I feel like I am walking in darkness.... reality is I am not... the ETERNAL darkness in my life was lifted, the light entered, for eternity that Sunday in June 1994.... that is my reality... the brokenness of this world will affect me for my time left on this earth... in this life... the tears are flowing, and they are real, the pain, it is real, the disappointment, it is real... but... because the BABY HAS COME.... the baby that chose to enter into this world, humble, born to a virgin, to ultimately deal with sin once and for all for all who would believe in Him.. He came... and He chose to meet me... to open my eyes so I could receive the gift He had for me.... and that is how my darkness today, as real as it seems and is, still can't drown out the TRUTH...

The kings of this world
Have torn it apart
But we can take heart
A baby will come

To the hungry and meek
To those who grieve
To the broken, in need
A baby will come

We have known pain
We’ve felt death’s sting
God, help us believe
This baby will come

The angel appeared
Said do not fear
For peace is here
A baby has come

The advent of life
Let hope arise
We’ve our King and our Christ
The Baby has come

We’ve waited so long
God, for Your mighty arm
May our doubts ever calm
For the Baby has come

The proud will be low
The humble will know
They’re valued and loved
For the Baby has come

Cause the kings of this world
Won’t have the last word
That, God, is Yours
For the Baby has come

AMEN!

so I am choosing to thank Him, for coming, for humbling Himself, even unto death, death on the cross, so that even today, I know for certain I am valued and loved and there will be NO MORE TEARS in heaven.... oh how I love you Lord, and though none might go with me, I will follow.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment