Sunday, December 15, 2013

...the reason for the hope I have.....



there are some people in my life, that don't quite understand why I would share things about myself that are sad and difficult, things I am not proud of, things that are embarrassing, things that most people would probably choose to hide....

was interviewed yesterday for a video to be shown to my church family and to all of the many people of the community that will come out to our Christmas Eve services.....

so about 1500-1800 people will hear about two incidents in my life that I wish would have never happened...

when this beloved someone told me today she didn't quite understand why I would share this, the first thing that came to mind was that if it could help someone in a similar circumstance, how could I not tell people...

another reason for it is that I do not feel the need to hide things from people... for many years already the fact that God the Father loves me and accepts me for who I am, that He even sent His Son to die for those sins of mine, has freed me from the need to hide and pretend... "if you do not like me or want to judge me, go right ahead" is my motto, I don't really care :)

but, as I was thinking more about why I would share the bad and the ugly, this is what I figured out:

if I have something that shows what a wonderful Saviour and friend and God I have in Jesus, how He has come to my rescue and has carried me through tough times, then I am going to shout it from the rooftops... I actually do not think of myself at all but of Him, a reason to brag about Him, to praise Him and give Him the glory... I am not going to pass that up.......

so for example, just over the last 2 weeks, I have been hanging onto His legs like a little toddler who just won't let go, again, .. for sheer survival... because you see... I have lost something, something that looked and felt so good, something I thought would turn into something really amazing... and I am sad, and upset, and just plain lost..... if I did not have my Jesus, who is right there when I wake up in the morning, when I feel like I rather not get up, who is the last one I talk to before I go to sleep... I am not sure how well I would be doing right now......

so, how can I not tell about all the good things He has done for me... is doing for me.... how could a fear of what others might think of me keep me from telling how wonderful He is... how much I love Him ... for me it is a no brainer!!! it really is......

Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.
1 Peter 3:15


No comments:

Post a Comment