Monday, December 30, 2013

.. closed doors, transformation and A Fib... All Praises to God our King!!!


this was posted on Facebook yesterday... just when I was once again feeling sad about something that hadn't worked out like I had hoped.. 
a timely reminder...
yesterday morning, church, an amazing service once again, so blessed to be reminded what worshipping my Saviour is all about... how His glory is so amazing, that He is the Creator of the Universe, the Sovereign God and Almighty King of Kings, how He encounters me, meets me in my deepest, darkest struggles... and how He transforms me and allows me to take my eyes off my own disappointments, my own issues and my own sadness.. how it is not about me, but about Him.. how leaving after a time of celebration and personal encounter on a Sunday, together with my church family, I am not the same anymore... each time He will have transformed me a little bit more, made me more others- minded than concerned with my own desires and wishes...  amazing time of closeness with Him who gave Himself for me... different than my time alone with Him in His Word each morning, yet as important... 
at home after church, exhausted from all that's going on, a nap was in order... then, more bad news.. found out my mother had been taken to the hospital, A Fib once again, no fun..  to be so far away doesn't help...  she chose to come home after a few hours of being hooked up to all kinds of machines and receiving an IV to calm down her heart rate... seeing a Cardiologist hopefully tomorrow..
reminded again that this life is but a vapour, that as important as every little detail in it seems to us in the end it is only a short little while... a time to prepare us for meeting our God face to face, a time to learn to love Him.. a time to look beyond ourselves and by walking with Him bringing glory to Him!!!!!
in a little while we all will be meeting Him, my consolation is that my mother now knows Him, that when that moment comes for her she will be received into His arms of love.... 
praying and asking my fellow believers to pray with me that this moment is far away still, I find peace that whatever He will do, all is well with her soul... that when He closes this ultimate door here, another one will open and sickness and heartache and tears will not even be a memory for her anymore....

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment