Wednesday, December 4, 2013

..His hands to wipe away the tears..



blessed this morning by those the Lord has placed in my life.
thankful for His sovereignty and love that is beyond all I could ever imagine.
blessing me with sweet friends that, for some reason I do not quite understand, love me so much..
proving the lie to be a lie that I am not important, that no one cares and that I am alone facing what life throws at me.
I am not. alone. I am important. loved. cherished. appreciated, respected and even admired. really?
I am wrong to assume that everything in regards to my life will be hard, that my desires will never be fulfilled. that I am to be this martyr for God. 
accepting suffering as part of what He uses to grow us up, yes.
the high calling of rejoicing in Him always, no matter the circumstances, yes.
teaching me to rely on Him and that only He satisfies.. yes.
and yet. I have been conditioned by abuse and neglect to think that this is all there is.
need to repent of this, this is not the God I know. 
yes, despite of what others have done to me, despite my own sinfulness and all it's consequences, God is good. and He has plans to prosper. 
He is the reason I can have a hope that does not disappoint.
He gives good things to His children. He blesses. because He wants to.
He chooses to shower me with His love, according to His pleasure and will.
He delights, rejoices and even sings over me.
this is how He loves.
this is who He is.
He is not the stern task master that expects. criticizes and rebukes.
He is the loving father who accepts, who cherishes and wants to give me all.
more than what I need or can even imagine. 
not only will He not walk away. ever.
He will be there and pursue a deep meaningful relationship.
He blesses by giving me relationships that encourage and lift up.
that hug and touch and wipe away tears.
blessed today by a family that God has made me a part of.
blessed today by the ones that care and love and stand by me.
without Him I would not have any of this at all.
so. obviously He is the blessing.
but He chooses others, friends to be his hands and feet and his smile and his hug.
and for that. today. I am extremely thankful.

Christ above me
Christ beside me
Christ within me,
ever guiding
Christ behind me
Christ before me
Christ my love, my life,
my Lord

Praise be to Him forever!




No comments:

Post a Comment