Tuesday, December 3, 2013

.. no more tears...



so the spots are cancer after all... my mother, 73 years of age, who just recently told me she will not do Chemo, has decided to go with it again, and that even though she really suffered the last time...

my father, 75, is in pain because he just had a stent put into his heart,  after triple bypass surgery 12 years ago, some of the arteries were all clogged up again..

living 6000 km apart, and not being able to be there for them, not an easy thing...

heartache everywhere, brokenness, disease and just plain sadness..

cold outside and so very dark so very early... how is one not to fall into a depression pit?

then again...

it could be a lot worse.. I don't have to look far to see others struggling with so much more...
thankfulness is supposed to counteract sadness..

so here it goes:

I am thankful for my children, they are continuous fountains of joy for me. from the moment they were born each of them has not failed to make me smile, surprise me, delight me in so many ways. they make me proud and they warm my heart.

I am thankful for my parents,
I am thankful for my siblings
I am thankful for my friends,
I am thankful for my Ex-husband,
I am thankful for my church,
I am thankful for my pastor,
I am thankful for my work,
I am thankful for my clients,
I am thankful for my house,
I am thankful for my car,
I am thankful for food,
I am thankful for my health,
I am thankful for music in my life,
I am thankful for vacations,
I am thankful for beautiful things,
I am thankful for my interests and hobbies,
I am thankful for the ability to work out,
I am thankful for my puppies,
I am thankful for Kitty Kat,
I am thankful for Christmas Decorations.....
:)

most of all I am thankful that when I was still an enemy of God, He came into my life and made me His own.
I am thankful that He not only sent His son to pay for my sins, He also revealed Himself to me in His Word, I am so thankful that He did that..
that when I am in the deepest need and despair, when fear grips me and insecurity seems to flood my heart and I feel like I am drowning, He is always there. never leaving me or forsaking me. telling me how much He loves me and holding me very tightly in His loving and tender arms....

I am thankful that I can be sure to one day see Him face to face... that then I will be free of any sadness, pain and heart break.....

I am thankful that He has told me that there will be NO MORE TEARS....... too many of those down here, that's for sure.

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.  ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
Revelations 21:3-4








No comments:

Post a Comment