Saturday, August 17, 2013

..I tell you again even with tears...

.. lazy summer days... lot's of time to reflect and bask in the warm embrace of my Father... listening to the newly released album of Audrey Assad...beautifully peaceful and sweet... and yet,   at times I can't help to be overwhelmed by the contrast of what God has for me, a citizen of His Kingdom and what is going on all around me..

.. at the "tender" ;) age of 15 I set foot on North American soil for the very first time... I was fascinated and knew then, that I wanted to live "here" ( which was the state of Wisconsin, where I stayed with a family for a student  summer exchange ) things worked out a bit differently and I have called Canada my home for the last 21 years... 

I do still have quite a connection to our neighbour in the south though and when asked why, I can't really explain..maybe it goes back to this first magical summer in Wisconsin... 

10 years ago I became a citizen of Canada and for that I had to take an exam and afterwards had to swear an oath to the Queen of England..

my citizenship was now Canadian and it helped me, I think to put my roots down even more..

pondering all the possibilities my Lord has been blessing me with, I am wondering if it might be His will to bring me "full circle" in regards to my citizenship sometime in my future..

now all of this is rather exciting but the truth still remains to be this:

 Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do.  For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.  Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things.  But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,  who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
Philippians 3:17-21

growing closer to Him for sure has made the contrast of His Kingdom and the kingdom of this world so much more noticeable ... so sad at times .. bringing tears to even the apostle Paul's eyes.. so thankful that my eyes are set not on earthly things but on Christ, who controls all things...

 so no matter if there will be another citizenship here on earth for me or not.. I am blessed to have "passed the exam" and sworn the oath... never deserving or even wanting it, He made me a citizen 19 years ago... I will praise Him without ceasing from now until eternity...
#SoliDeoGloria


No comments:

Post a Comment