Monday, August 19, 2013

... I must decrease, You must increase.....

I am quite amazed what God can do in the life of a "middle aged" :O ????? woman.... ( I guess when you are almost 50 that's what one needs to call herself... hmmm )

there have been years in my life I had to be a "domestic queen"... the early years in each of my children's lives... when nothing that was available for purchase was tolerated by their little digestive systems..


baked rice, spelt, corn, buckwheat and quinoa breads, ... couldn't really be called that "bread" .. but hey, they were small and didn't know any better..


then, I loved making jam, again, in an effort to have something with less or no sugar..


have liked to make cranola bars and baked a lot of gluten free cookies and banana bread not so long ago.... but... something new is happening in me.. and who else but my dear, tender, loving Father could be the One doing this...


I have been making all kinds of pickled stuff... bread and butter pickles, dill pickles and even pickled beets... the jam making is going to be brought back to live and... I have so many things I am "itching" to make to give away as Christmas presents, starting this yesterday by making "Lavender Soap".. smells beautiful and looks very dainty and nice too............


just ordered some chalk paint to "shabbify" my antique market finds and I am EXCITED!!!! (so weird )



“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."
Isaiah 43:18-19

my head is spinning a bit, because He indeed is doing a new thing... not just in those little "outside fun areas" but deep inside me.... 
always on a journey with my Daddy, He has taken me by His hand and we are walking... Weeping Willow trees are growing in this garden.. the path He is leading me on is peaceful and saturated by His love, it is so new, I am not quite getting my head around it all... showing me things I didn't know and driving home this one thing most of all: .....He must increase... and I must decrease ....

"sanding away" the rugged edges and showing me new aspects of  the lush fullness of a life with Him... indeed He is leading me out of the wasteland of the only life I have known so far... He IS restoring the years the locusts have eaten... I am amazed and surprised and vulnerable... trustingly putting my hand in His I am surrendering fully to Him... humbled I know that He is the One turning into something marvellous that, which "those" didn't know any better but to intend for evil...
freedom from the pain and hurt, forgiveness flowing like a stream bringing life to the deepest crevices of my soul............. He has been flooding me with His love and His protection like not experienced before..

..you are my shepherd, there is nothing I shall want,
 beside still waters you lead my spirit on, 
your hand will guide me, 
no matter where I go, 
in darkest valleys, 
your love is not  forlorn...... 
I will dwell in your house forever..
 lead me on, lead me on ..
I fear no evil for you are with me... 
you set this table before my enemies, 
and you anoint me, 
you overflow my cup, 
and they will follow me, 
your goodness and your love...
 I will dwell in your house forever... 
lead me on, lead me on....
your rod and your staff are a strange a mercy
 in a world where I am not yet home...
 lead me on.....
I will dwell in your house forever.. 
I will dwell in your house forever....
 lead me on, lead me on....

Lead Me On
by Audrey Assad
( LOVE HER)







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your beautiful words, honouring our Lord and Father!

    Love
    Marja

    ReplyDelete