Sunday, December 23, 2012

..the baby has come...

candles shining their festive light all around the house... gingerbread houses decorated, presents wrapped... some more Christmas Cookies soon to be done.... all children at home... puppies snuggled up on the couch... 
that's what Christmas is all about... or isn't it?

a great gift for me today, one of "my girls" (love them like my own) a client of Hope for Life, came to church with me this morning... her baby in the nursery, it was a privilege to sit with her..
the gospel explained very well, no surprise that God had it timed so wonderfully well... He always does...

so Christmas, a day worth celebrating.. the day God stepped into this world in human form, a baby born into lowly circumstances.. He came here to grow up without sin, both God and man, to give Himself as a ransom for many... giving His life so that on Him God the Father could pour out His just punishment for our sins.. so that all that would believe in Him could be made right with God.. once and for all...

to love Him, because He first loved me... way back when, hanging on the cross Jesus, Emmanuel thought of me and accepted death in my place.. what a gift...

more than anything I could ever wish for or receive..

sharing His love with "my girls" at Hope for Life and ultimately sharing with them who I love the most.. who helps me through my own difficulties and gives me strength for the day.. who gives me joy and who fills my heart with so much love that it flows over.. to them and anyone I come in contact with..

it's a blessing. it really is. not everything is always the way we want it to be... there is and always will be disappointment and hurt, misunderstandings and frustrations.. but since the day the baby has come, since the day He so willingly gave His life.. all is well with any soul believing in Him...

Merry Christmas... rejoicing in the Good News today and always....




No comments:

Post a Comment