Monday, December 10, 2012

..blah, grey and yucky... :(

it's been blah, yucky weather for the last few days... wondering if people that are living in places that have sunshine most of the time can appreciate the effort it takes to stay upbeat living where I live.. ;)

I think my pastor must read my blog and then use what I say in his sermon.. just kidding..

when preaching on 2 Corinthians 4: 1-15 he confirmed what the Lord had been telling me while meditating on and studying this passage...

Jesus did not make us Superman / Superwoman when He saved us... he gave is His Super Powers though when filling us with the Holy Spirit and giving us the Good News...

when the weather is grey, damp and cold, when sickness is rampant and the life issues we are facing are not easy at all, we are not going to be in despair, destroyed, abandoned and hopeless..

because He has given us a Hope that will never disappoint, ( like people in our life will ) a Hope that is founded on WHO God is, not on what our circumstances look like..

living in this bleak day today I am choosing to hold on to the truth, the TRUTH, Jesus, the way, the TRUTH and the life... He has given me access to the Father, who I now can call Daddy.. because since Jesus by His death paid for my sins and gave me His righteousness I have fellowship with the Father and I am called His daughter.. He loves me, cheers me on and lifts me up when I am down.. He carries me when I am to weak to make the next step...

the baby did come.. born in a cave, no crib for a bed.. He came to save me, and I will forever be grateful.. follow Him and obey Him as best as I can... how could I not???

grey weather, a queasy stomach and so many unanswered questions.. I am praising Him today!

No comments:

Post a Comment