Tuesday, December 11, 2012

.. normal trials like disease, divorce, poverty and loneliness...

 For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison... (2 Corinthians 4:17 )

"Life's trials, troubles and difficulties serve only to build inner strength, because they drive believers to humbly, prayerfully, hopefully depend on God.."

"suffering that produces the eternal weight of glory is suffering for the sake of Christ , or that honors Him. Wether suffering comes from believer's faithful, loyal, committed testimony about Jesus Christ or the patient enduring of life's normal trials such as disease, divorce, poverty and loneliness, if endured with a humble, grateful, God-honoring attitude, it will add to the weight of glory."( John MacArthur Commentary )

last day meditating and studying  this passage in 2 Corinthians I am encouraged again that every suffering that was not caused by my own sin, has been sifted through the loving fingers of my Abba Father... that it even produces an eternal weight of glory that I cannot even imagine... it is so far beyond comparison that I will not have a chance to imagine it until I see it when the Father in Heaven will bring me safely to His Heavenly Kingdom...

so patiently I am accepting whatever this life will continue to throw at me.. learning to trust and love my Saviour more and more and by that reflect His glory to those around me...

it is all about increasing the Glory given to God... so amazing He is confident that I through Him am able to somehow pull this off... cracked vessel that I am... someone suggested crazy glue for the cracks this morning... but I am quite happy about them... if Jesus' light can be seen better through those cracks and scars.. I am rejoicing in having been hurt before..
#SoliDeoGloria

No comments:

Post a Comment