Friday, August 7, 2015

...it's crunch time... overwhelmed, He carries me...



lately it's been so in my face again, I have been thinking about it a lot... that really, I cannot even imagine where I would be and how I would cope if I didn't have my faith, my relationship with Christ, my hope that is in Him, His strength when I am overwhelmed and weak ( which seems to be most of the time) His wisdom and guidance when I am at a loss, the security He gives me when things are scary and how He just plain calms me when I am an emotional wreck...

how are people doing that?
or am I just an especially weak basket case?

truth is, I am thankful for how He put me together..
I know exactly how much I need Him and that I COULD NOT do it on my own..
it's what it is.. and it's a good thing!

it's a little over a week until I am getting married and preparing for this ( all the organizing, juggling  all the emotions that are coming up in all of us involved) preparing to send my baby off to school in England, and another daughter to the Netherlands ( just for a semester ) .. moving, immigrating, wrapping up my responsibilities here, assuring my loved ones that I am not going to disappear but be there for them consistently, parents and their needs and whereabouts, old and not resolved, scary issues, health problems and all that... ok.. I am overwhelmed..

I am an emotional person and I am crying sometimes.. a lot more lately.. tears of joy and tears of sadness, but most of the time I am just feeling so thankful that He is all that for me..

my fortress
my refuge
my rock
my Daddy
my friend
my brother
the lover of my soul
my confidante
my Redeemer
my Saviour
my God
my All in All
my healer
my eternity
my reward
my Maker
my counsellor
my Peace
my Joy
my Strength

wow.
how are people living without Him?
and how can I not share who He is with those around me....

I love Him,
because He first loved me.
and as much I cannot fathom why in the world He would,
I am thankful and will forever serve Him.
I am His.

His attention to detail in working out my life, that blessed path that He has been having me on, blows me away, every second of every day..
and that's just who He is.. my most amazing, most powerful, unchangeable, faithful, loving, merciful and HOLY GOD...

#SoliDeoGloria





No comments:

Post a Comment