Wednesday, July 29, 2015

...the countdown is on... skipping along the path He has for us...

it's 18 days, 9 hours, 26 minutes and 8 seconds until our wedding...

or at least that's what my countdown app tells me.. ( I am pretty sure it's accurate )

it's early and I have been up since 5, again...
after giving all the things that stress me out to my Daddy in heaven, trusting Him and expecting His peace to guard my mind and my heart,  eventually I let go of the idea that I should still fall asleep again and get my laptop out..

reading through some of the memories of the last few years that Timehop and Facebook reminded me of, I am blown away by what God has done in the last 5 years 7 months and 11 days...

this is what I wrote about 5 years ago:

"I am excited for the man I will get to share my passion for ministry with... I am excited for where He, the Lover of my Soul and Daddy in Heaven will lead me and take me.... I am held... I am where I need to be.....I am weak and vulnerable, but that's when He is strong... His grace is sufficient for me and I am  so thankful... eternally thankful....
Oh what a blessing to be used by God... what a tremendous privilege, to be part of what He is doing......... I love Him with all my soul, heart and mind....
so... whoever this letter is to... my prayer is that you would be on fire for Him, and that together we will be skipping along the path that He has for us....
I can't wait ;)"

we are about to start skipping...  we are about to start our lives together and it is exciting...

a lot has happened in those 5 years, bad things and good things, but all along the Lord has been in control,
all along He has been molding and shaping, all along He was working in our waiting,
at times He turned up the heat and brought the imperfections up to the surface to skim them and get rid of them.. He has chiseled away and, most of all, He has grown us..
He has revealed Himself during those hard years and we are so much more intimately acquainted with Him..
He has considered us worthy to face more difficulties and has shown us just how strong our faith in Him has become..

and now, in 18 days, 9 hours and 16 minutes ;) He is going to bless us even more...
through the blessing there will be new things, exciting things and difficult things, new and kind of "foreign" maybe even scary things, there will be a lot of adjusting and figuring things out, there will be a "letting go" and a "receiving" ... basically He will be continuing the refining, all because He IS going to bring to completion the good work he started in both of us..

He will use us to minster together and I cannot wait to see just how that will look...
the little battered boat Miriam will no longer sail the seas all by herself, and you have no idea how thankful I am for that.

Our God is an awesome God
He reigns from Heaven above ( in our lives )
with wisdom, power and love,
He really is an awesome God.
All Praise is due His name!





No comments:

Post a Comment