Thursday, February 26, 2015

... I can't even walk without you holding my hand.....



such a dreadful 2 weeks.. a 5 week old dying suddenly from a common virus, a vivacious, godly friend losing a 9 year long battle with cancer.. both of them safely in Jesus' presence now..

leaving behind shock, shattered hearts, brokenness and sadness..

it will take a long time for those affected the most to find the healing they will need..

thankful that the healer is well known to them.. praying for them every day a privilege !

nothing compared to what the families are going through, we had our own struggles these past two weeks, almost losing our little dog, my companion, faithfully by my side through the greatest loss so far in my life, it would have been hard to lose her.. looks like she might be making it after all, and I am thankful for that too...

heartbroken for my mother who suffers so fighting the cancer that is trying to bring her down, feeling so helpless being so far away.. not even able to comfort her ..

"my boss" at the Living Hope Center going on a well deserved 6 months sabbatical, our last prayer meeting today.. so sweet a time to come into the presence of the One who is so well acquainted with all the suffering we can ever face.. there were tears and a sense of loss, if only temporary, yet still real..

praising Him together in song and prayer.. this is what spilled over from a heart abandoned  to the One who made us..

facing our sorrows, losses and trials, you oh Lord are the One that helps us to make it through one day at a time,
You, who is with us during our joyful, light and fluffy days, the meaningful and deep experiences of our lives, you are there when things do not work out the way we hoped, when sadness overwhelms our hearts and hope seems to elude us..

standing on the promises you have made, knowing you are faithful, always, eternally loving us with a love like no other, unconditional and never-ending you meet our deepest needs

Praising you in the storm oh Lord gives me the right perspective.. fixing my eyes on the mountain mover instead of the mountains in my life, allows me to refocus..

my heart overflows with gratitude, you ALONE are ALL I NEED... with thanksgiving I can give you all my sorrows, all my pain and sadness and you, like you promised give me that peace that surpasses all understanding and you guard my fragile heart... oh how precious you are my Jesus...

closing our time with this song... how fitting...

I can't even walk without you holding my hand
The mountain's too high
The valley too wide
Down on my knees I am learning to stand 
I can't even walk without you holding my hand

thank you for holding our hand.. always... all praise, glory and honor be yours forever and ever 
AMEN

1 comment: