Sunday, February 8, 2015

.. Cancer, Parkinson's and other obstacles...


it seems like every day there is more stuff to deal with..
on top of the "regular" stuff like a mother that suffers from cancer,
a father that suffers from Parkinson's..
fallout from bad choices a father made, that are threatening to translate into huge losses,
dealing with dysfunction that, let's face it, left everyone in the family scarred..
the extra stuff from the last 3 days, really didn't need this..

it could be overwhelming...
but then again,
I am so very very blessed..
in church again today, after my pastor was away for a few weeks, I was traveling too and then I was sick last week..
so VERY GOOD to be worshipping with my church family again,
SO VERY, VERY GOOD to hear such amazing preaching from the Word of God..

in Matthew 5 this week there were, even though well known, some really good reminders..

“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
 Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted.
 Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.
 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled.
 Blessed are the merciful,
    for they will be shown mercy.
 Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.
 Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called children of God.
 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5: 3-11

the upside down world of my Jesus... gotta love it.. I for sure do..

poor in spirit, like spiritually bankrupt, knowing that there is nothing I can offer my God, no way for me to please in Him, to earn my way into a relationship with him, I find blessing that, because of knowing my need for Him and bowing my knee to Him, I am now a citizen of the Kingdom of heaven, a child of God Himself..

mourning my own sinfulness I have received forgiveness through what Jesus did on the cross, and there is now no longer any guilt or shame or condemnation... am I blessed? you bet!

meek, knowing that He is in control I can be humble and trust in Him, no striving necessary, puffing myself up or putting other's down, no pride, just humility, resting and trusting in the goodness of my beloved Father in Heaven.. even when things are scary and tough and not the way I want them to be, I do not have to worry... my joy can' be taken away...

hungering after His righteousness, passionate about being obedient, staying inside the boundaries of what He has laid out for me , I will be satisfied .., no need to go after my selfish wants and appetites.. I can find contentment and real joy..

extending forgiveness, helping and caring for  and giving to others, freely handing out the mercy I am receiving from God, mercy will come back to me from those around me.. 

no need to try and keep up appearances by making sure the outside is pure, I can be authentic and real, knowing that my heart has indeed been made pure by what my Jesus did on the cross for me..

being a peacemaker as opposed to being a peacekeeper ( one who avoids conflict at any cost ) entering into a conflict bringing God's grace and Jesus' legacy of reconciliation into it, pursuing peace as much as it is up to me.. I will be blessed..

last but not least... I am blessed to be persecuted..  
ha... well, let's see.. I am living for Him, I have a purpose greater than myself, because of His great mercy and grace, I am His and because of that I am "like the stench of death" to those that are perishing... so, I will be ridiculed, I will be rejected, dismissed and mistreated at times.. but hey, He is worth it.. with Him, I can handle it...

so, wow, worrisome news and turn of events the last few days, in regards to dear ones and important matters pertaining to my life.. yes, but......

I have ALL I NEED in "just" Him, my One and Only, Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son.. wow, because, believe it or not, He loves me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment