Saturday, January 16, 2016

...will you let him set you to flight?



children of the day.. a study in 1&2 Thessalonians..
picked it up a while ago and have finally started it last week.
bought and downloaded the video sessions that go with it today and knew Beth Moore would have some hidden treasures for me there...

I remember doing Beth Moore studies when I was heading up the Bible study at my church..
remember we had women coming especially for her studies and others not coming because of her..

I have been fascinated with the way this exuberant southern woman could make you look at scriptures from so many different perspectives.. I LOVE her  "Southern drawl" and her passion for the Word..

so, this afternoon, as my husband was taking a nap, I turned on my computer and started watching the first video...

I picked this study for no overly particular reason.. I liked what I read on the back, I have not studied Thessalonians before and so I got it..

and there, and it shouldn't surprise me at all, it was.. did what she was talking about ever hit home..

a thorough teacher like she is, digging deep into the context, she started out looking at who Paul was traveling with on his journey to Thessalonica and how those men ended up together..

suggesting  the "sharp disagreement" with his ministry partner Barnabas had left a  'God - ordained' hole that was now being filled by Silas and Timothy.. multiplying the evangelizing efforts of the early church... two teams instead of one....

looking at Paul's relationship with Timothy as communicated by him later on she suggested something that hit me right into the middle of my sad and grieving heart....

did the loss of such close a friendship like that of Barnabas and Paul, traveling together, ministering together, open up Paul's heart to meet someone that would become so very special to him..

this is what Paul says about Timothy in Philippians 2: 19-22

But I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you shortly, so that I also may be encouraged when I learn of your condition.  For I have no one else of kindred spirit who will genuinely be concerned for your welfare.  For they all seek after their own interests, not those of Christ Jesus.  But you know of his proven worth, that he served with me in the furtherance of the gospel like a child serving his father.

changes in our lives, no matter the reason for it, good or bad, sometimes open the way for something new the Lord has in mind for us.. 

I know that this is true because I have experienced it before..
the break up of my marriage opened me up to fulfill a calling on my life.. Hope for Life Pregnancy Center is proof of that..
the break up of my marriage and the loss of it all opened me up to meet a truly godly man that God is using to heal the deepest areas of my soul.. I am so in awe of what God is doing here...

so might my moving away from what I know and love, moving away from my core group of precious soul sisters, my ministry, be another one of those changes..
is there a calling waiting to be explored and to be fulfilled ? 
is there someone I will meet that will become a kindred spirit and a precious friend that I would not have met otherwise?

time will tell, but hey, she had me in tears today and in my economy that is a good thing..

one last thing she said... He, God the Father, will set us to flight if we let Him..
we will soar on wings like eagles to new horizons.... and sometimes He has to pry us away from what we know to get us to let go ...

interesting. like I said. a different perspective..  


No comments:

Post a Comment