Wednesday, January 6, 2016

.. and don't be wishing you were somewhere else.....


I do like TimeHop, that app that reminds us of what we posted on this day in the years before..  I blogged a lot 5 years ago, still working through all the stuff that was going on.. the fallout of a broken marriage still so difficult to deal with at times.. and so pretty much every day there is one of those posts for me to read through again.. and yes, I do...

I like to be reminded because it leads to thanksgiving and praise for where I am today, how God has rescued me and used what was intended for evil for the good in my life.... more importantly though, it proved to me today, again, that the Word really is alive.. it impacts us depending where we are, it always applies to us personally and it never goes out in vain... it is active and sharp as a double edged sword.. wonderful.. I love it so..

so this blog post from 5 years ago.. someone had given me the following verse the day before in response to me sharing just how hopeless and hurt I was..

And don’t be wishing you were someplace else  ( or with someone else ). Where you are right now is God’s place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there. 
1 Corinthians 7:17 The Message

it amazed me then and helped me on the road to accepting the status quo, embracing it as God's will, learning to be thankful for it and relying on Him alone to bring me through and work out His perfect plan in my life..

5 years later, I can see what He was doing .. in many ways He has restored what the locusts had eaten, so grateful for the godly man I am married to now..

and yet, being reminded of that verse was what God had for me today.. you see, yesterday was a rather bleak and sad day for me.. I get those, and I know it is okay to have them.. it all started with me reading a scripture that reminded me of my best friend: 

Oil and perfume make the heart glad,
and the sweetness of a friend comes from her earnest counsel.
Proverbs 27:9

I know I am grieving and I am not one to dismiss and push away those healthy tears.. feeling the losses of the relationships the Lord has blessed me with over the last 20 years I was just plain sad..
.. "not wishing I was someplace else" it says....  not wishing to be back in my church, back at work in the ministry the Lord had placed on my heart.. back with my soul sisters of so many years, those that have walked through life with me, and I with them for so long... not wishing for that.. hmmm..

because , where I am right now is God's place for me.

there is really nothing else that needs to be said.. love how the Word just comes in and gives me that attitude adjustment .. 

instead of wallowing in the reality of what I don't have, ( even though it's hard... ) I am choosing to live, obey, love and believe right here... it's what my Jesus wants me to do..

praying for the new church, the new pastors and all the wonderful people serving Him in this place.. asking Him to allow me to become a blessing by loving and obeying and living and serving here.

I am excited for all the things that are lined up... worship service tonite, party with the pastors on Sunday ... Women's Bible study starting up next week.... I know that He, who has me where He wants me, will weave me into the fabric of this place where I can serve and bring glory to Him... all in His time.. 



No comments:

Post a Comment