Sunday, October 30, 2016

.. motherless...


I love how living life that is so permeated with the Word of God just leads to some really awesome moments...

last night when. once again for a moment I was overwhelmed by the fact that I do not have a mother anymore ( living here with me on this earth ) I had another "light bulb"  moment..

as long as my mother still lived I, even though I am a 52 year old grown woman, was still a child, at least as it pertained to her... I was her child..
now, my father is still alive but, even though this might sound strange to many I have never felt like a child in re to him..  ( a child as in loved unconditionally, accepted, cared for, having a parent we could if we had ever still wanted, run to for advice and just this motherly love ) so... last night it dawned on me that this might be part of what it means to lose a mother... I am not a child to anyone walking the earth anymore...

but that's where He jumped right in.. the Holy Spirit that is:

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,  and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him..... 
Romans 8:16-17

HA...

what a wonderful thing.. always, not just when losing one's mother, but so significant for where I am right now.. love how God takes those moments of sadness and suffering and reveals Himself on an even deeper level..

had stumbled over the connection made here between being a child of God and the suffering.. yup, no surprises here, and yet, such promise.. being glorified with Him, as His child, is worth knowing Him in His sufferings, as we all will to some extent during our life time..

See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.
1 John 3:1

so as I, feeling sad and probably a little sorry for myself, was pondering this thought that I was no longer a child ( beloved and taken care of if need be ) to anyone anymore he showed me just what kind of love He, the perfect Father in heaven has for me.. that I would be called a child of Him..

He, is my Abba Father and He will never leave me.
Thank you Lord



No comments:

Post a Comment