Wednesday, April 8, 2015

..looking to the mountain mover....



such a rainy day and more of it in the forecast ..
grey and yucky and just blah.. a huge headache too..
hate waking up to "updates" from that other continent.. where my mother is battling cancer and her general poor health conditions..
do not like the "politics" surrounding this and those are the moments when being so far away is more heartbreaking than other times..
trying to be the best mother I can be for the "remaining" teenager.. exhausting at best..

so when I got home this afternoon I allowed myself to wallow... in the pit of sadness..
thinking about all that is hard and sad.

I know better than to stay there too long though.. sure, tears have rights too.. they can be shed and feelings need to be lived out.. I have always believed that this is healthy.. healthier than trying to push them away..but...

I have this peace in it all and thanks to giving Him all my requests and anxious thoughts with thanksgiving every morning, He guards my heart and my mind with that peace that surpasses all understanding.

I have much to be thankful for too and I am now choosing to focus on that, rather than the bad.
looking to the mountain mover instead of the many mountains.. no need to be overwhelmed and discouraged, He has won the victory and I am His. no matter how hard the road can be, the destination is secure.

whatever we face.. we can be sure of this:

The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
2 Timothy 4:18

attacks come from all kind of different sources.. but in the end, it's all about Him, who loves us too much to just give us "white picked fenced, superficial happiness"... every tear we cry He wipes away with a compassion and a love that only He can give.. held firmly in His arms I can face my tomorrows and whatever updates they might bring. every disappointment and rejection, all my sadness and my gut wrenching pain... I am letting it take it's course and  am learning to trust more and more each day...

He, who Himself faced such suffering, just to reconcile me to the Father, He knows about all I am dealing with and His grace is sufficient.. His comfort more than enough... in the shadow of His wings I am safe... and.. He will make all things beautiful in His time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment