Sunday, October 19, 2014

... sick puppies and a great mystery...



... between almost losing my oldest puppy dog this week.. thank God he was the one "critical" patient at the vet clinic that made it... lot's of stuff to take care of for moving, selling and other stuff, busy at work and concerned and praying for the "family front" I was blessed to get away from....

I was thankful that this week, like every week, so faithfully my Lord and King had some real cool insight for me...

when I lie in bed and all I can pray is "your will be done" over and over again.. I am so glad that I know, no matter how things will feel for me and those that I love here for a while, right in the middle of His will is the only place I am free.. the only place that is right.. the only place that is going to be best.. for all involved..

precious time with my children.. entrusting them to Him who loves them more than I do... even when my heart breaks for what they are having to deal with.. I cherish every minute...

so He showed me some stuff this week... something exciting about the mystery of who He is.. the mystery that Paul, the zealous apostle understood and that made him into this man that was willing to lay down his life for the church ..

by His Spirit He has indeed revealed to us the mystery of Christ.. the unsearchable riches of Him, accomplished for us by His death and resurrection.... the endless treasures available to us in Christ..

we are the ones that have been charged with letting the world know about all this... a world perishing... blinded by "worldly wisdom" as blind and deceiving today as it was 2000 years ago...

"We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.  None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.  However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
    what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—
    the things God has prepared for those who love him—
 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God."
(1 Corinthians 2: 6-10 )

how exciting... how amazingly cool .. this does not only speak about what heaven will be like for us one day.. no, this applies to our lives today.. living like He tells us in His Word, only by His strength and grace.. we have no idea how GREAT the things are that He has for us.. living for Him.. serving Him, telling others about this "out of this world mystery" I have indeed seen Him doing this.. in the midst of destruction, rejection and abandonment, scary stuff and plain, unbearable pain... He has carried me and blessed me in ways I could never have imagined.. seen or heard.... He ALONE is worthy, there is none beside Him.. NONE..

so let's tell everyone... let's be as zealous as Paul was, who cares if some might think we are a little fanatic... I am CRAZILY in love with Him.. Him, whose name is HOLY..

all praise and glory is HIS, now and for eternity.. AMEN..









No comments:

Post a Comment