Monday, October 13, 2014

.. As I go, hand of God, my defence, by my side....


missed Thanksgiving with my family and worshipping with my church family this weekend ..
a necessary trip to step up to the "plate" of family responsibilities and obligations.. a good and valid reason to forsake the meeting together of the community of fellow believers my God has placed me into..

and yet.. too bad that stepping into the "birth family" usually means stepping away from the family of God.. not only in regards to the "physical" place but also in a spiritual sense.. darkness encroaches that tries to dim and  snuff out the light that so brightly shines when drawing close to the Lord together..

I know that He is always there, I know that His power lives in me and that I am not ever going to lose it.. I know that He Himself is my peace and that nothing can ever snatch me away and out of His loving hands..

finding time for some solitude, to dwell in His presence.....  it's hard to come by..

so I am relieved that tomorrow morning I can depart and go back to my home.
so thankful that He indeed has worked it out that I have a place like this.. ( no matter the circumstances surrounding me personally )

Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,  by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body,  and since we have a great priest over the house of God,  let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.  Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.  And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds,  not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. ( Hebrews 10: 19-25 )

thankful to God for those that are here to spurn me on towards love and good deeds, those that encourage me and are Christ to me..

As I rise, strength of God
Go before, lift me up
As I wake, eyes of God
Look upon, be my sight

As I wait, heart of God
Satisfy and sustain
As I hear, voice of God
Lead me on, and be my guide
And be my guide

Above and below me
Before and behind me
In every eye that sees me
Christ be all around me

As I go, hand of God
My defense, by my side
As I rest, breath of God
Fall upon, bring me peace
Bring me peace

Your life, Your death
Your blood was shed
For every moment
Every moment

Above and below me
Before and behind me
In every eye that sees me
Christ be all around me


even when those that are "Christ around me" can't be close, I know that He is right here, surrounding me and giving me all I need so that every eye that sees me can see Christ in me... 
trusting Him to do this for His glory, 
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment